Hey Friends, we will discuss about the secret to making the best homemade French fries from russet potatoes right at home. this is very easy task by which you can taste some crispy French Fries at home made by yourself.
French fries is a potato-based dish that originated in Belgium. The potatoes are cut into thin strips and fried in oil. They also sell fried fish, sausages, pies, pickled eggs and pickled onions. these are crispy in Taste and can served with the Tea, Coffee, Milk etc.
How to make French Fries at Home
to make the Crispy French Fries at Home, you need (For 2 Persons) –
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- Salt (As according to Taste)
- Vegetable Oil (As Per Need)
- 250 gram Gram Flour
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Pickled Eggs (You Can Skip it)
- Pepper and Other
French Fries Recipe
Follow these Steps to Make French Fries –
- Soak the fries in cold water for at least 1 hour or overnight and pat completely dry.
- Cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and pat them dry.
- Transfer to a plate/tray and flash freeze them for 40 minutes.
- Transfer to them to a freezer bag and can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove them from the freezer and toss with up to 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet at 400° F in the lower-third of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove, toss, place in a single layer, and bake for 10 more minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Transfer to paper towels and season them immediately with salt.
Tools Need to Make French Fries
- French Fry Potato Cutter
- Deep Fryer
- Dutch oven + oil thermometer
- Slotted Spoon
- French Fry Serving Baskets
You can Purchase these Online From Amazon.
Who Invented French Fries
This is very Scary that too much tasty French Fries were introduced in very abnormal conditions. American soldiers were first introduced to the fries while they were stationed in Belgium during World War I. The origins can be found in Belgium, where historians claim potatoes were being fried in the late-1600s.
Some FAQs On French Fries
What is Best Oil Temperature to Fry
For Best Cooking of the Fries, cook them at 300° F for 5-6 minutes. this will cook the middle of the Fries.
After it, Cook them at 400° F degrees for 20 seconds to get the Crispy taste of the Fries.
Why Soaking of Potatoes is Necessary For French Fries
Soaking potatoes in cold water helps get rid of the starch. Starch makes things crumbly and soft, and we want our fries to be sturdy and crisp.
Best Potatoes For French Fries
Russet potatoes are ideal. Since they’re dense, they don’t contain as much water inside, which allows them to get extra crispy.
Are French fries Nutritious
Yes French Fries are more Nutritious then your thinking because they contains vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium and iron.
For More such Results Visit www.saconindia.org