Season 10 of the Indian Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) 2023/24 is officially set to commence on December 2. The two-day PKL auction recently took place, and there was a lot of action from all teams.
Last year’s winners, the Jaipur Pink Panthers, are going into the new season as the odds-on favourites to win outright, but anything can happen in Kabaddi, and these odds are likely to change a great deal between now and the latter part of the season in February 2024.
Let’s take a closer look at some things we can expect from the upcoming PKL season 10.
How many teams are in PKL 2023/24?
Altogether, there are 12 teams competing in the 2023/24 Pro Kabaddi League. They include the following teams, the city/state they are based in, the stadium they play their home games at, the stadium capacity, and their kit colours:
- Team: Jaipur Pink Panthers. Stadium: Sawai Mansingh Indoor Stadium. City/State: Jaipur, Rajasthan. Stadium capacity: 2,000. Colours: Pink/Blue
- Team: Patna Pirates. Stadium: Patliputra Sports Complex. City/State: Patna, Bihar. Stadium capacity: 3,500. Colours: Green/Yellow
- Team: Puneri Paltan. Stadium: Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex. City/State: Pune, Maharashtra. Stadium capacity: 4,200. Colours: Orange/White
- Team: Tamil Thalaivas. Stadium: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. City/State: Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Stadium capacity: 5,000. Colours: Blue/Yellow
- Team: Telugu Titans. Stadium: Gachibowli Indoor Stadium. City/State: Hyderabad/Vizag, Telangana. Stadium capacity: 5,000. Colours: Black/Yellow
- Team: Gujarat Giants. Stadium: EKA Arena. City/State: Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Stadium capacity: 4,000. Colours: Red/Yellow
- Team: Bengaluru Bulls. Stadium: Kanteerava Indoor Stadium. City/State: Bengaluru, Karnataka. Stadium capacity: 4,200. Colours: Red/Black
- Team: Bengal Warriors. Stadium: Netaji Indoor Stadium. City/State: Kolkata, West Bengal. Stadium capacity: 12,000. Colours: Blue/Orange
- Team: U Mumba. Stadium: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium. City/State: Mumbai, Maharashtra. Stadium capacity: 5,000. Colours: Orange/Black
- Team: UP Yoddha. Stadium: Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium. City/State: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Stadium capacity: 5,000. Colours: Blue/Red
- Team: Dabang Delhi KC. Stadium: Thyagaraj Sports Complex. City/State: Delhi. Stadium capacity: 4,494. Colours: Blue/Red
- Team: Haryana Steelers. Stadium: Motilal Nehru School of Sports. City/State: Sonipat, Haryana. Stadium capacity: 2,000. Colours: Purple/White
Which team is going to win the 2023/24 PKL Season 10?
Although it’s still far too early to say which team will most likely win season 10 of the Pro Kabaddi League, the best thing to do would be to look at the latest odds to see what the trusted online bookmakers think.
However, very few licensed and regulated sports betting sites in India have released many odds yet for the upcoming season, and there’s still a long way to go before any PKL live bets are available.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the latest odds that are currently floating around for the top three teams most likely to win the 2023/24 PKL:
- The third odds-on favourite team are the Bengaluru Bulls. They currently have, on average, a 16.70% implied probability rate (IPR) of winning season 10 outright. If you convert this IPR into the decimal odds format, it works out to 6.00. In American/moneyline odds, 6.00 is equal to +500, and in UK fractional odds, 6.00 is 5/1
- The second odds-on favourite team are the Puneri Paltan. They currently have, on average, a 20.00% implied probability rate (IPR) of winning season 10 outright. If you convert this IPR into the decimal odds format, it works out to 5.00. In American/moneyline odds, 5.00 is equal to +400, and in UK fractional odds, 6.00 is 4/1
- The odds-on favourite team are the Jaipur Pink Panthers. They currently have, on average, a 25.00% implied probability rate (IPR) of winning season 10 outright. If you convert this IPR into the decimal odds format, it works out to 4.00. In American/moneyline odds, 5.00 is equal to +300, and in UK fractional odds, 4.00 is 3/1
Who are some of the biggest PKL stars to watch in season 10?
All of the teams have some great players in their squads. However, there are a few names that people will be paying closer attention to are: Surjeet Singh and Vishal Bhardwaj, who were both part of the winning team at the 2023 Asia Games.
Indian raiders Vikash Khandola and Siddarth Desai are also two players fans will be watching closely. Other star players to watch this season are Arjun Deshwal, Maninder Singh, Rohi Gulia, Pardeep Narwal, and Parteek Dahiya, to name just a few stars.
2023/24 PKL season 10 opening fixtures
The opening game of the season on Saturday, December 2, starts with the Gujarat giants playing against the Telugu Titans. Just one hour after this game kicks off, U Mumba are playing against UP Yoddhas.
The following day, Sunday, December 3, the Tamil Thalaivas play against Dabang Delhi. You then have two games on Monday, December 4.
The first game is between last year’s runners-up, Puneri Paltan, and the current reigning champions/last year’s winners, the Jaipur Pink Panthers, before the Bengaluru Bulls play against the Bengal Warriors.
Next up, on December 5, the Gujarat Giants play against U Mumba, and then on Wednesday, December 6, the Telugu Titans play against the Patna Pirates. On the same day, the UP Yoddhas are against the Haryana Steelers.
The Bengal Warriors are playing against the Jaipur Pink Panthers on December 7, and the Gujarat Giants play against the Patna Pirates. You also have the Bengaluru Bulls against Dabang Delhi and Puneri Paltan against U Mumba on December 8.
The winner of season 9, the Jaipur Pink Panthers, received a total of 3 crore in prize money, while 1.80 crore went to the runner-up, Puneri Paltan, and 1.20 crore went to the second runner-up. According to reports, the prize money for season 10 is 8 crore.
The matches will be streamed on television, plus you can also catch all the action on the Disney+ Hotstar streaming platform. If you place bets on the PKL 2023/24, always remember to research the teams before betting and learn things like who’s in form, who’s injured, the latest team news & gossip, and previous results.
Also, it helps to understand what the betting odds and implied probability rates are trying to tell you. Understanding this basic information can help you place more strategic bets. To place bets on the official 10CRIC Sports website, you must be at least 18 years old.